Suites are analogous to a test plan. A suite contains all of the test scenarios and workflows that you will run in order to validate that an interface works. A suite manages a collection of test scenarios (test cases).
Suites are files with the .cxs extension and are represented in the document library by the icon.
Create a new suite
- In the application, go to the main menu and click TEST SCENARIOS –> New…
A new Scenario Editor window opens.
- Make sure the root node in the tree on the left (New Scenario Suite.cxs) is selected
- In the Documentation tab, type a name for the suite. It will be the file name.
- Optionally, add a suite description, a list of requirements the suite covers, or any useful notes.
- Save the file by clicking FILE –> Save
An empty suite is now created.
- Add test scenarios
- Manage variables
- Configure default database connection
- Configure default network connections
- Configure the suite execution parameters