Actions are made up of tasks. A task represents the smallest unit of work contained in a scenario. It could be an HL7 message exchange (an admit/visit notification), a database interaction (a query to the patient table), or a manual step requiring the user to interact with a 3rd party application.
Your test cases are based on a sequence of tasks.
There are several types of tasks. Each task type has its own behavior.
- Send HL7 Message: Simulate a system sending an HL7 message to a host on a specific TCP port. The HL7 message is defined directly in the task. Validation can be done on the acknowledgment message that are sent back.
- Send HL7 File: Simulate a system sending a file of HL7 messages to a host on a specific TCP port. Validation can be done on the acknowledgment messages that are sent back.
- Receive HL7 Message: Simulate a receiving system listening for HL7 messages on a specific TCP port. Validation can be done on the messages received.
- Read HL7 Message: Simulates a receiving system listening for HL7 messages on specific files. Validation can be done on the messages received.
- Query Database: Query a database and validate the result. It could be a clinical application database or the internal integration engine database.
- Execute Web-Service: An Execute Web Service task allows you to interact with a Web Service during a test.
- Execute Command: Interact with other applications using command line tasks. For instance, call a cmd script to delete files or prepare content for subsequent tasks.
- Execute Manual Task:Manual tasks pause the execution of the scenario and wait for manual input from the user. It could be an interaction with a 3rd party application or just a way to pause the execution so extra manual validation can be done.
After the task has been executed once, a new tab will be displayed (Results). The Results tab contains the detailed information about what was executed for any specific execution. If variables were used in configuration or validation, you will see their instantiated values.
Select a result to see the detailed information. You can also perform action (right-click) with a result, such as:
- Re-Run: The task will be re-executed using the exact same values used for the previous execution.
- Create Task from Result: The task result will be converted as a new task, using the exact same values used for the execution.
- Save as New Scenario Suite: Save a new Scenario Suite containing the task, using the exact same values used for the execution.