This tutorial explains how to build a Segment/Field rule validating that a field contains a valid phone number.
In this example, we’ll validate that PID.13 (Phone Number – Home) contains a phone number.
- In the inbound HL7 task, select the Validation tab
- Select the Segment/Field Validation tab
- Add the rule: PID.13 is matching regex (ddd) ddd-dddd
This rule means that:
- Area code (ddd): 3 digits between parentheses
- Phone number (ddd-dddd): 3 digits followed by a dash and 4 digits
Learn more about how to import validation rules into an inbound HL7 task.