An Execute Command task allows you to interact with other applications during a test using command-line commands. For instance, call a cmd script to delete files or prepare content for subsequent tasks.
Create a new “Execute Command” task
- Right-click the name of the parent Action the new task will be created in
- Select Add New Task –> Execute Command
- New Task appears under the parent Action.
- Edit the task name as needed.
Configuring an ”Execute Command” task
- Set timing: Specify the wait time before and after execution. Wait times give a sending or receiving system enough time to initiate. They also add a pause between action executions.
- Comnand line path: Enter the full path and file name of the application to start. Use the browse button to start an application stored on your local computer.
- Arguments: Enter any argument the application might need to start.
Add validation rules
Validations rules can be added to confirm that the execution result is as expected.