This tutorial explains how to build a Segment/Field rule validating that field has no values
In this example, we’ll validate that PV1.45 (Discharge Date/Time) is not set.
- In the inbound HL7 task, select the Validation tab
- Select the Segment/Field Validation tab
- Add a rule: PV1.45 is empty
- Click Advanced Mode
- Add a second rule: Or PV1.45 is not empty
These rules mean:
- First rule: PV1.45 is not set. Delimiters are present but there is nothing in the field.
- Second rule: This rule covers the case where delimiters are not provided for PV1.45. For instance, the last field is PV1.44 Admit Date/Time with no delimiter at the end.
Learn more about how to import validation rules into an inbound HL7 task.