Scenarios are analogous to a test case. A scenario is are a sequence of steps to test the behavior of the interface. Suites contain one or more scenarios. An example of a scenario would be a med pass, which would include a patient arrival, a series of lab orders and results, medication orders, etc.
Create a new blank scenario
- Select the root node in the suite tree (suite name)
- Right-click and select Add new Scenario –> Blank .
A new node is created at the end of the tree view.
- In the Documentation tab, type a name for the scenario.
- Optionally, add a scenario description, a list of requirements the scenario covers, or any useful note.
Create a new scenario using profile workflows
- Select the root node in the suite tree (suite name).
- Right-click and select Add new Scenario –> Using Profile Workflows.
A new dialog opens.
- Select the system(s) you want to simulate; these are part of the workflow to be tested.
- Click Next.
- Click Change to select the profile you want to use to generate the workflow.
- Select a profile from the document library or from your local computer.
- Double-click the trigger events representing the events of the workflow to be tested.
Messages will stack. They can be updated as needed.
- Once the workflow is complete, click Next.
- (Optional) If Both was selected at step #3, repeat steps #5 to #8 to complete the workflow for the second system.
A new scenario representing the workflow and containing several actions and tasks is created. The scenario can be updated as needed.