Caristix Workgroup helps interface analysts, engineers, and technical support team members quickly find data needed for interfacing tasks and customer service.
Search and Filter in Workgroup works as follows:
Load XML Documents
- On the menu bar, go to FILE, Open, Messages…
- In the open dialog, select XML documents in which you want to search.
- Click the “Browse My Computer” link to select XML documents from your computer’s file system.
The selected XML documents will be loaded in the Messages tab.
The fields that match your search and filter rules are highlighted in red for easy visibility.
Add & Edit Search and Filter Rules
On the right side of the screen are the search and filter rules listed under the Data Filters tab.
Data Filters Tab
- Checkbox: The checkmark indicates an active rule. Uncheck to deactivate a rule.
- X-PATH: Enter the X-Path of the element/attribute’s value that you want your criteria to match.
- Is/Is Not: Select “IS” if you want your results to INCLUDE the data you’ll be filtering. Alternatively, select “IS NOT” if you want your results to EXCLUDE the data you’ll be filtering.
- OPERATOR: Select “=” , “like”, “present”, or “empty”, depending on the query type. See Data Filter Operators for more detail.
- CRITERIA: Type the data you want to filter.
While editing your filters, you can switch between Basic and Advanced Mode. Advanced Mode shows you advanced settings for your filters. These settings help you to construct more complex filters using AND/OR operators and parentheses for nesting. Otherwise, each filter will be applied one after the other.
If your filters contains advanced settings and you switch back to the Basic Mode, these settings will be lost.
Add or Remove Rules
To add a new search and filter rule
- Click the plus sign at the bottom of the list of rules. A new line will appear.
- Navigate through your XML Document in the Messages tab and right-click the element/attribute’s value that you want to filter. Next, click the Add Data Filter action.
To remove a rule, click the trashcan at the end of the line.
Open & Save Search and Filter Rules
To re-use existing search and filter rules
- On the menu bar, go to FILE, Open, Search and Filter Rules…
- In the open dialog, select the XML Search and Filter Rules File (.cxfx) to be loaded.
- In the search and filter rules list, right-click and click the Open Search and Filter Rules… action.
To save your search and filter rules
- On the menu bar, go to FILE, Save, Search and Filter Rules…
- In the open dialog, select the destination folder and file name of your new XML Search and Filter Rules File.
- In the search and filter rules list, right-click and click the Save Search and Filter Rules… action.