The Message Conformance validation lets you compare a received HL7 message against a profile in order to flag conformance gaps. This is useful when you need to troubleshoot data flow in a live interface where the conformance profile has been documented.
Validations are done on:
- Segment presence and repeatability
- Field presence, repeatability and length
- Component presence and length
- Data conformance: Validation fields value in-line with associated code set (HL7 table)
Enabling Message Conformance Validation
- You can configure the conformance profile to use in the validation process.
- Check the option “Validate message/ACK conforms to profile“
A new tab “Message Conformance” will appear.
A list of warnings is produced. Each row is a broken profile conformance rule.