Validation is the fundamental test activity. Without validation, you can’t prove that an interface works unless you bring it into production and wait for defects to emerge. Validation ensures that the interface meets requirements and behaves as expected without defects.
As a testing activity, validation is a set of rules applied to a message or a task response to verify the message or the response behaves as expected.
- String Comparison: Some tasks return content using a string representation. It those cases, basic string-comparison validations can be applied on the content.
- Database: Configure a set of rules to ensure SQL Query result conforms to expected values.
- HL7 v2.x: Configure a set of rules to ensure that HL7 message content appears and behaves as expected.
- XML: Configure a set of rules to ensure that XML message content appears and behaves as expected.
Add a validation
- Select the task validation will be added to
- Select the Validation tab on the right
- Depending on the task type, different options are possible. Please refer to the validation type to be added.