Configuring a Scenario
On the Configuration tab, set timing and execution parameters at the Scenario level.
These settings let you run tests several times, in a loop.
- Timing: Specify the wait time before and after execution. Wait times give a sending or receiving system enough time to initiate. They also add a a pause between scenario executions.
- Execution: Specify the number of times to execute the scenario.
- Execution probability: Specify the expected execution probability of a scenario. The feature enables your validation to skip the scenario from time to time. For instance, at 50% probability over 10 executions, the scenario will run 5 times when the suite is executed. Use this feature when some of the steps in your scenario are optional. You still need to validate both cases (when the optional step is executed and when it isn’t). Adding execution probability allows you to validate both cases with only one scenario.
- Instantiate variables: Check this box to populate variables with different test values at the Scenario level. For instance, if you need to execute the test with 100 different patient names, check this box.
After the scenario has been executed once, a new tab will be displayed (Results). The Results tab contains the detailed information about what was executed for any specific execution. If variables were used in configuration or validation, you will see their instantiated values.
Select a result to see the detailed information. You can also perform action (right-click) with a result, such as:
- Re-Run: The scenario will be re-executed using the exact same values used for the previous execution.
- Create Scenario from Result: The scenario result will be converted as a new scenario, using the exact same values used for the execution.
- Save as New Scenario Suite: Save a new Scenario Suite containing the scenario, using the exact same values used for the execution.