Configuring a Suite
On the Configuration tab, you set timing and execution parameters for your suite.
These settings let you run scenarios contained in a suite several times, in a loop. For instance, you can set a scenario to execute 100 times with 100 different patient names.
- Timing: Specify the wait time before and after execution. Wait times give a sending or receiving system enough time to initiate. They also add a a pause between suite executions.
- Instantiate variables: Check this box to populate variables with different test values at the Suite level. For instance, if you need to execute the test with 100 different patient names, check this box.
After the scenario suite has been executed once, a new tab will be displayed (Results). The Results tab contains the detailed information about what was executed for any specific execution. If variables were used in configuration or validation, you will see their instantiated values.
Select a result to see the detailed information. You can also perform action (right-click) with a result, such as:
- Re-Run: The scenario suite will be re-executed using the exact same values used for the previous execution.
- Create Scenarios from Result: The scenarios result will be converted as new scenarios, using the exact same values used for the execution.
- Save as New Scenario Suite: Save a new Scenario Suite containing the scenarios, using the exact same values used for the execution.