Viewing Messages in Pinpoint
Pinpoint software includes several features that provide detailed information about the messages and values contained in HL7 logs.
When you are analyzing a message log, you sometimes need to quickly capture an overview of a message or segment. Pinpoint provides a message definition feature.
In the Messages area, right-click anywhere in a segment and select Message Structure. A Message Structure dialog box appears, with details on the field position, field names, and values in each field.
- You can add Data Filter, Sort or Data Distribution by right-clicking a field.
- You can save the message as HL7 v2.x, CSV or XML format.
- You can filter-out elements from the message tree.
- Message Content: If selected, the message values (blue) will be shown in the message tree.
- Missing Elements: If selected, the missing segments/fields will be displayed (grayed out).
- Required Elements: If selected, the required segment/field will be displayed.
- Non-Required Elements: If selected, the non-required elements (such as optional, conditional, etc.) will be displayed.
When you are analyzing a message log, you sometimes need to know the position of a field. Pinpoint lets you determine the position (and the name of the field) without counting pipes.
Click anywhere in the Messages area, then hover over a field. A mouse-over tooltip appears, listing the field name and position.