Testing is conducted at at different phases in the interface lifecycle: during configuration and development; during the formal validation phase; and during maintenance.
You run tests to avoid introducing new problems – you check and test your code to make sure not injecting errors. This is true both during interface development or configuration and while in maintenance mode. This testing helps you determine whether or not the interface makes sense and meets your requirements.
Workgroup is designed to help interface analysts and engineers validate HL7 interfaces. The software provides the following features and functionality:
- Test suite structure to manage test plan
- Ability to load conformance profiles
- Automated creation of test message
- Database integration
- Automated and manual validation
- Inbound and outbound message validation
- .exe or batch file validation
Workgroup facilitates testing in a number of ways including: