File Types in Cloak
De-id Rules File
The de-identification settings in the Fields and Data Types tabs can be saved and reused. Cloak loads the last used de-id rules file when the program is opened. The default de-id rules will be used the first time, it contains the fields and data types that cover the 18 HIPAA identifiers that must be de-identified.
These are the HL7 messages you load in Cloak for de-identification.
- New de-id rules – Start a new de-id rules configuration
- Open de-id rules – Browse to and open an existing de-id rules file
- Open messages – Browse to and open log file to de-identify. Alternative: messages can also be extracted from a database or a Connector (click on the Database tab and select a Data Source)
- Save de-id rules – Save the current de-id rules
- Save de-id rules as – Save a rules file for reuse
- Close de-id rules – Close a de-id rules file
- Close Messages – Close an open log file
- Configure Cloak WebService – Configure the Cloak WebService stand-alone application (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information)
- De-identify – After review, de-identify an open log file
- Quit – Quit Caristix Cloak