The Status Quo
This is the world interface analysts, developers, and quality testers work in:
- 2 weeks to get a list of code values for a single field
- 1 week to get a list of custom field formats like lab order codes
- 20 hours to code a schema in an engine from a spec in Excel
- 9 days on gap analysis
- 30 days to test a 10-minute code change
- 8 versions of a spec before it’s baked enough for development
Productivity with Caristix
With our software, especially with the new version that just came out, you can move these numbers dramatically:
- 15 minutes to get code values for all fields
- 15 minutes to get a list of custom field formats
- 1 minute to generate a schema for an engine
- A half-day on gap analysis
- 10 minutes of automated validation to test a 10-minute code change
- 1 version of a spec before it’s baked enough for development
So, yes, we’re paying attention to all those things that get in the way of interoperability. We are removing roadblocks. We’re helping interfacing teams become more productive and get interfaces into production much faster than before, with fewer manual steps than before.
But we’re aiming higher.
Vision: One-Hour Interoperability
The vision we have for interfacing and interoperability is much bolder. We aim to build interoperability technology that makes analysts and developers so productive, they’ll deliver One-Hour Interoperability. Not weeks. Not days. A single hour.
With One-Hour Interoperability, a team will gather requirements, then configure, test, validate and take in the interface live, glitch-free, in an hour. A bold vision? Absolutely. And that’s where we are taking our customers.
You’ll find the building blocks of One-Hour Interoperability in the Caristix v3.0 release. We’ve made gap analysis simpler and easier to use, cutting hours off scoping mapping tables. Remove noise with filters. Capture just the gaps that are relevant to developers. Clearly designate inbound and outbound systems. Easily build transformation tables. Use the matching filter to spot differences in product versions. Highlight data differences with message comparison.
We’re working on a CDA product, so that everything you do today for traditional HL7 v2.x interfacing, you’ll be able to do for CDA. EHR implementation, Meaningful Use, and related deliverables all happen on time…and on budget.
Learn more about what we’re doing with CDA and the other building blocks. You’ll get the latest in our newsletter. Sign up here.